Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Personality and Pizazz

It seems like each month that goes by with Brendan puts me further into a blur of what life was like with Niall at that stage. Was Niall dying to be held all the time the way that Brendan is? Did he smile as big or squint his eyes up tight when he laughed?  Did he fart like a 75 year old man who had been drinking Guinness all day?

I can't believe that it's this hard to remember something that really wasn't that long ago. Brendan has so much personality at 4 months, but he is still just a little baby to me-- barely out of the newborn phase.  It's amazing how quickly they become these little people with their own traits and likes and dislikes.

If I only had the time, I would sit on my couch with Brendan laying on my chest and just listen to him coo and giggle and yelp and make adorable faces all day. I'm sure that Niall had his own little personality developing at this stage, too... It's just that my brain cells have been shrinking rapidly with each kid that I've carried.

Everyone has such different opinions of who Brendan looks like. Some people drop their jaws and exclaim that "He is the spitting image of Niall!" Others insist that he looks very different from Niall.  Some say he's just like Matt, and some say that he definitely has my features.

For me, it's just so hard to tell. When you're looking at the same people every day, it's difficult to take a step back and see it from a different perspective.   And while I can't quite say if he does or doesn't look like Niall, it's funny to look back and see that they have some of the same little expressions, and some very much their own.

So I did some research...

The many faces of Niall at 3-5 months:





 The many faces of Brendan at 3-4 months:








The funny part is that Brendan is smiling ALL the time-- he pretty much flashes a wide, gummy smile to anyone who will give him the time of day.  But I apparently don't have a single photo of him not being serious!  Oh, well.

So there you have it.  A couple of hams, either way.


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!