Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween x2

The only thing better than celebrating a night of dressing up, eating lots of junk food and running around with dozens of other kids is doing it two nights in a row.  Which is exactly what Niall got to do this year for Halloween. 

We went to a family Halloween party on Sunday night with Niall's 20+ local McCullough cousins, including his absolute favorite: Angela, (or as Niall calls her, Aaanjjja!).  He chants her name at least 67 times per day now, so we've made a habit of trying to visit her once each week-- which apparently is just not enough.  But that's another story.


The infamous Angela
And the rest of the gang:







Then, Halloween night was spent with his two favorite buddies, Jack and Quinn.  Niall may not have known or cared about collecting candy last year, but he sure made up for it this year.  I don't think I've ever seen a 2 year old finish 2 whole tootsie pops in one sitting-- I can't even finish one of those things.  It takes about an hour to do, but not for this boy.  And then, of course, we had to open a piece of candy in between each house (and in between licks of the tootsie pops).






And we saw some pretty awesome houses...






I witnessed a side of Niall that I've never seen before, and I have to admit, it was a mix of uncontrollable laughter crossed with feelings of extreme parental neglect.  I probably should have cut him off a lot sooner than I did.

The first sign was when he stopped walking from house to house and switched to non-stop jumping.  Then, when we got home, he did about 18 laps around the house, giggling and throwing his shoes at the ceiling.  I wish I had caught it on camera, but at that point, I was too jacked up on candy myself.  It was about as close to drunk as a pregnant lady can get.  Which I think means it was a successful Halloween night :)





Niall loves your votes! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm glad it turned out to be a successful night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable dragon :) That is so cool that he has so many cousins nearby. I totally thought Nate would be jacked up on candy too, but he was satisfied with one lollipop. Weirdo :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!