Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Brotherly Love

So far, all signs are pointing to Niall being an awesome big brother.  I know there's that whole second fiddle jealousy thing that toddlers usually go through when another little baby comes along, but Niall doesn't seem to be threatened by any of that.

How do I know this?  I'll tell you...

1) We've been talking a lot about baby Brendan (that's the name we decided on) to get Niall used to the notion... and Niall happily shouts "Bwennan!!" and points to my tummy almost every morning, while he still can't say his own name.

2) He has decided to get to an early start, sharing with unborn Brendan already.  Stickers and pizza-- now that's a big deal.

He was literally shoving pizza into my stomach, but we didn't manage to get it on camera.


3) He's pretty much obsessed with sharing, across the board.  Exhibit A:


4) I got a little nesting fever and decided to decorate the nursery that the boys will be sharing.  I explained to him that "N" is for Niall and "B" is for Brendan.  Right away, Niall accepted the changes to his room and now points back and forth to each of the letters, saying Brendan's name and then attempting to say his own (something like "Naowww").




5) Our neighbor/ Niall's little friend just inherited a little sister a couple months ago, who Niall has decided to treat like a little princess.  He covers her in kisses, pets her hair, gives her big hugs, says her name, smiles at her and lays down to cuddle with her.  It's just so adorable.

6) Does this not sum it up?


I don't think I've ever seen anything cuter than Niall acting in his big brotherly way.  I just hope this phase isn't short-lived!!  No flukes, please God :)


Niall loves your votes! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, sooooooo cute!! What a good share-er he is!! Yay Niall!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!