Thursday, August 11, 2011

17 weeks

So it's been over a month since I announced that I'm having another baby... and I haven't brought it up since then.  It's really more of a side note this time.  Anyway, here I am at 17 weeks:


I realized quickly that it's very different this time around.  The way I handle it, the way I think about it, the way it affects me.

I guess it's that I'm not completely enamored with it all the way I was the first time.  Now that I'm in the phase where I'm not sick and I'm not big enough to be uncomfortable, I'll go days without even thinking about being pregnant. 

I'm just too busy with Niall to look up what fruit size my baby is and all that fun stuff.  How could I not know what type of seed or melon my little baby is this week?  I feel like a neglectful parent.  It could be a kiwi... or it could be a grapefruit for all I know.  How terrible is that!?

It's not that I don't care about this baby; it's just that I'm not wrapped up in all the little details that I cared so much about when I was pregnant with Niall.  This time, I already know what to expect for the most part.  My big-to-do excitement this time is finding out the sex of the baby because I didn't do that with Niall. So I am pretty giddy and excited about that.

I have my 17 week appointment this Monday and I'm just going to die if they can't tell me.  It'll be a little shy of a week short of when I should be able to find out, but I'm going to see if they'll give it a shot.  Otherwise, I'll have to wait 4 more weeks to find out.  Hard to believe I went 40 weeks to find out with Niall.

Besides the waiting to find out boy or girl, this pregnancy is really flying by.  I'll try to do a better job of including this new little baby in the blog and not just Niall :)

Niall loves your votes! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

4 comments:

  1. Greetings from Malaysia!

    I only found out the gender of my Spicy Baby (nicknamed that cos I've been wolfing down loads of spicy stuff this time round) at my 31 weeks appointment!

    Anyway, I too feel guilty for not paying more attention to this round of pregnancy (compared to the 1st) as yes, like you, I'm pretty much occupied with our daily activities. I do however try to teach my boy about the baby coming soon (1 month time!)

    If you're free, do drop by and read this post of mine about having 2nd child:
    http://www.imafulltimemummy.com/post/2011/06/16/My-Heart-Is-Tearing-Apart.aspx

    Take care and all the best with your pregnancy!

    ~ Jenny ( http://www.imafulltimemummy.com/ )

    ReplyDelete
  2. gaaaaah, i hope you found out monday! omg. please immediately let everyone know! i'll be crossing my fingers they'll be able to tell :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed!! If they look for it I bet they can tell- I found out Jasper was a he at 13-14 weeks! But I think its easier if its a boy? Either way YAAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so exciting! Cute pregnant lady!! can't wait to see what you are having!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!