Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Baby Stunt Pilot

These are the kind of days that make me turn my nose up at dolls and glitter and lace, and say "being a boy's mom is the coolest!" (as much as I would kill to bust out the dress up chest and nail polish with Niall sometimes)...


Strangely enough, I've lived in the DC area for over 5 years now, and just about a half hour outside of it for almost all the rest of my life-- and am only now discovering all of these hidden gems.  Of course, I was more likely in search of concerts and cool restaurants & bars in my early twenties, not airplane museums and parks.

But still, this museum was 1 mile from my college campus (UMD) and I had never set foot in it before last week.  Niall was immediately mesmerized by all of it.  (see OMG! face below)




Especially the physics demonstration of how an airplane wing works.  These balls would just hover over an air stream as though they were floating in thin air, and I honestly think Niall could have stood there all day if I had let him.



Which surprisingly doesn't make me feel any better about flying-- I'd prefer not to know anything about why a 150,000 pound hunk of metal doesn't fall out of the sky when you're sitting in it.  I'd rather just breath into my paper bag and pretend it's not happening.

Not Niall, though.  He's going to be a stunt pilot when he grows up (over my dead body).  He warmed right up to the notion of this whole flying thing.





And nobody is going to tell him the "right" way you're supposed to do it.  If he wants to fly that plane backwards, he's flying it backwards.  This boy was born for adventure.





Niall loves your votes! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

6 comments:

  1. I love that expression of awe you captured! I always think it is so exciting to do something that makes your little guy look like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh this place looks Awesome! Jasper would LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love his OMG face!! :)
    That place looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. His look of awe is absolutely awesome!!!

    Love the backwards stunt pilot! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic museum! What little boy wouldn't lose his stuff over those planes? I LOVE that you captured his OMG expression. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that our kids force us to discover "new" things that have always been there.

    and that second photo? priceless. SO adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!