Thursday, March 17, 2011

Top O' The Mornin'

Who doesn't love St. Patrick's Day?  Well, actually, one of my friends has a serious vendetta against all things Irish because she finds our green pride brutally annoying.  But she's just green with envy (you know who you are). 

There are a slew of reasons that I love this holiday, but today I celebrated much differently than I would have in the past.  Instead of leaving work and going bar hopping after dinner, I had a morning out on the town with my own little leprechaun.


And it was honestly so much better than the whole night scene anyway.  I'm a day person by nature.  Always have been- it just took getting out of college to realize that.  Once I stopped going out 3 nights a week and sleeping most of the next day away, I realized that I love getting up early and taking advantage of every droplet of sunshine. 

So this morning was the best of all worlds.  I got my Irish breakfast (too important to gloss over; will explain), a live Irish band, a great crowd, an O'Douls to get some of the St. Paddy's vibe, and my little dancing man-- fist pumping to the tunes, no less!  I'm not even kidding.  A boy after his mama's heart.

I should have taken a picture of the rare and beautiful Irish breakfast-- easily one of my top 10 favorite things on this earth, but I tend to dive in as quickly as possible when a plate of food is placed in front of me.  You never know how long you'll have to enjoy it before a certain little terror starts throwing forks and knives and scraping the food off your plate and onto the floor.

It consists of two amazingly greasy, crispy on the outside- soft on the inside sausages, like none you've ever had before; a big slice of thick fried ham; scrambled eggs; traditional Irish brown bread; a broiled tomato; grilled mushrooms; and black & white pudding (to this day, I still don't know exactly what that is, but I know it's really gross- one of those things you are supposed to enjoy without asking about the contents).

So here's to you, St. Patrick; the patron saint who somehow had his own feast day high-jacked and turned into a completely unrelated holiday.  Cheers!


Niall loves your votes! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

1 comment:

  1. Aw,you guys are adorable! Happy (belated) St. Patty's! Looks like you had a great time. I was told at some point what the black and white pudding was, but I blocked it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!