Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Stack o' Pancakes, please :)

I feel like you can't be a stay at home mom and not take your kid to celebrate national pancake day at IHOP. (I love the ridiculous holidays people are coming up with these days.)

So when I heard about it on the news this morning, I knew we'd be shleppin' off to the somewhat sketchy IHOP restaurant on the wrong side of the tracks, but conveniently less than 5 minutes from our house. Enough reason not to go to a nicer one ;)

Getting ready for the big morning out

I probably should have packed up our things and gotten the heck out of there when they served me an ice water with a cockroach floating in it. No, I'm not kidding at all. But instead I said "You know what? It's national pancake day and we're patriots!"

I may have also chickened out on asking for a new water and just pushed it to the edge of the table- sick.

As much as I'm glad we stuck it out and had our first weekday diner breakfast (one of those little perks I love about staying home), it was pretty hard to stomach the thought of what may have been crawling around--or already dead-- in the chocolate milkshake I ordered prior to receiving my water.

Oh well, bombs away...


The pancakes were totally worth it, though. A perfect stack of buttermilk goodness topped with a big melting dollop of butter.  Niall loved them.


He even found the kindness in his heart to fling a pancake over to the table behind us.  He's such a great sharer with his food.  They got a big kick out of it, luckily.


Happy Pancake Day to all, and to all a good night!



Niall loves your votes!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

8 comments:

  1. Oh, we missed it! My son is just about Niall's age I think, and loves pancakes... maybe I'll declare tomorrow our own, private Pancake Day :) Minus the floating cockroach, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea it was national pancake day but Avery and I happened to make pancakes this morning, going to IHOP would have been more fun though! I love taking her out to eat just the two of us, like you said one of the great things about staying home! Glad you had a great time, despite the cockroach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my lands. I'm not sure I would've been able to not say something about the cockroach---but you were getting free food anyway ;)

    Thanks for stopping by our blog--Your little Niall is pretty adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. National Pancake Day sounds fantastic! We might have one tomorrow. If I tell people it's tomorrow I doubt that anyone will know any better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Niall is so cute! But you're so much braver than me. I think I would have fled with the sight of a cockroach! Glad you hung in there, and was rewarded... Thanks for linking up at "Try Something New Every week". It's so lovely to discover wonderful new blogs. I'm now a follower too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. national pancake day? really?

    and this is just one of the many reasons i miss america: the frivolous and fun holidays.

    glad you guys enjoyed it. love that you took your little man out for breaky, just the two of you. such a cute date.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that his little stuffed animal is watching him eat:) So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!