Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lent

Sweets.  The single, most difficult thing I could think of giving up for the 40 days of lent-- seriously?  How is it possible that I could have cared less about dessert 2 years ago and now it's all I think about while I'm eating my meal?  I couldn't really tell ya.  It just happened.

It got to the point where breakfast was the only meal that wasn't followed by a special treat, so I forced myself to like that disgusting charcoal bark that people call "dark chocolate."  After a while, it wasn't so bad.  It curbed my cravings and it's supposedly really good for me.  Win win.


But if I had my druthers, I still like the real stuff.  So, when I realized on Tuesday morning that I only had 14 hours left to cram as many sugary confections into my body as humanly possible, I made a run for it.

I went to the store and got a Cadbury Caramello bar, Ben & Jerry's cookie dough, Edy's cookies n cream, and a caramel brulee latte from Starby's-- which probably has more fat and calories than all 3 of the others combined.

What I didn't care to think through was the pain this was going to cause me when I would have to stare at it every time I opened the freezer for the next... however long it would take until Matt finally polished it all off (this could be weeks, maybe months).


Torture.

Matt is giving up bad language and negativity.  Should be interesting.

Speaking of torture, what will you be giving up for lent, Niall?  Temper Tantrums, you say?  That's a fantastic idea!!





Niall loves your votes! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

4 comments:

  1. Hahahah, if Nial does it, maybe I can get Mason on board too! "Mason, all the kids are giving up tantrums for Lent. Teething too!" I totally think you're on to something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if only levi would give up tanty's for lent!!!

    i'm giving up facebook... as in fb all day everyday. i check that thing a million times and am totally addicted. since i live overseas i just can't give it up entirely (wouldn't do me well in the long run and my long distance family and friends would go psycho) BUT i'm only checking it once a day. ONCE. that means i can't just hop on and have a quick look, so i need to wait until i have a few minutes to answer messages, etc. hopefully it will help me be more intentional with my time AND curb my addiction!!

    we'll see how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean, at least the cookies n cream is slow churned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same way!!! Before Avery I was never into sweets, now I can't get enough! It's so bad! My compromise was to make a trail mix that has cashew, dried cherries (kind of sweet), sunflower seeds, and M&M. It keeps me from eating too much chocolate but still allow me to get my fix.

    Sounds like Avery and Niall need to give up the same thing for Lent!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!