Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chapter 27

Every year, on the night of March 2nd, I suffer from reflection block. I should be able to look back on the last 365 days that have passed and name a few meaningful moments that defined the year for me.

What made 26 different from 25? Did we go on any fun trips? Will that year go down in the books as one of my favorites?

Unfortunately, I am rarely able to remember a single occasion of any significance. I know this sounds contradictory, coming from someone who blogs almost every day, but it's true.

So, to make myself feel better, I went through a bunch of pix and put together a collage to prove what a great year it was ;)


But back to my point-- I honestly have no idea what I did for my last birthday- or Matt's for that matter.  Where did we go last summer? What was my biggest accomplishment, biggest mistake? It's really only through Niall that I remember any major milestones about a given point in time these days.

Actually, the moments of little significance are the ones that bother me the most. That favorite song, movie and book of the year. Did I discover any new hidden gems to grab a bite to eat? What was the one thing that made me fall on the floor laughing?

Sorry for so many questions- I'm trying to reflect here. Anyway, every year, without fail, I promise myself that I will pay extra special attention to all the details this time... and then I don't.

But I also like to blame it on living in the moment. Just because I can't vividly remember all that has happened, doesn't mean I wasn't having a good time. I like to look forward to things. I like to enjoy what's in front of me.

Like the special gift that was waiting at the bottom of the stairs for me this morning:


What a hubby! I'm so excited to take Niall for long spring rides through flower covered trails. I seriously cannot wait for winter to be gone. But let's get real here: Niall's fragile little body is resting in my fate on this thing. The last vivid memory I have of riding a bike, all 4 of my front teeth came out.

Well, what's in the past is in the past.  I'm about to start making valuable memories with this big, beautiful bicycle.  So break out the shiny spandex suits and disregard for any cars that may be trying to get by.  It's time to get my cyclin' on :)



Niall loves your votes!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

9 comments:

  1. what cool gift! a bike is perfect for a spring birthday. hope you guys have fun!

    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo! Happy Birthday! Awesome gift! I bet you will have lots of great memories of all your future biking adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun gift!! happy birthday kerry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your new ride. You will both love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Happy (Belated) Birthday!!!

    What an awesome present!!! You'll have to tell us how Niall likes that seat as I'll be in the market for one for Mason is about two months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also would be so stoked to get such a birthday present. And I'm with you on the reflections. I'm very in the now and love planning for the future, but the past is difficult to remember. That's why I blog. :) Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a little belated... but HAPPY birthday!!! love your new ride. that will be so much fun and no doubt you and niall will have some fun adventures and mishaps on that thing. :) hope this year is even better than the last! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a great day! What a wonderful gift, you guys will have so much fun with that once the weather warms up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy birthday! you guys are going to have so much fun riding niall around! and your going to make so many awesome memories together too. fun!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!