Thursday, February 17, 2011

Princess Boy

There was a time, not long ago, when I was pretty confident that I wanted all boys-- 6 of them, to be exact.  I soon came to the conclusion that we'd have to throw one girl in there at some point, just to round things out a bit.

Flash forward a year or so.  Now, I need a girl ASAP!

Not because I don't have fun playing with Niall... but because it must be sheer torture the way I've started dressing and fluffing him up like he's anything but a boy.

I'm not sure he minds it so much, but I don't think Daddy would be too happy with the gender confusion I'm creating for the poor kid.

We laugh and play all day long, but there's only so much ball throwing and pushing trains I can do before it becomes somewhat mind numbing. 

So, I started getting a little... creative.

It started with pirates.  Boats made from hampers, paper towel roll telescopes, mops and rags to wash the deck.  Boyish enough, right?... Until I started draping pashminas and beaded necklaces all over him.




Then, there was bath time.  What better way to add a little pizazz to a baby bath than some over-the-top monstrous soapy foam?... bubble gum pink colored foam.  In little ruffles on his shoulders and on top of his head.  No harm done :)



And then things got really out of hand...




It was just too tempting.  That mullet rat tail is really at its peak right now.  Perfect pony tail length.

...Cue my brother in law showing up at my door, saying "I'm going to need you to step away from the boy-- before you ruin him."




Click it or ticket! Just kidding, but please vote for us :) Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

3 comments:

  1. hahaha, poor niall. these pics are perfect for future blackmail though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry, that's too funny. I can't believe how fast he has grown, as I follow along on your blog. I'm still in the land of the unemployed, but hope to see you (Matt and Niall) one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. These are too funny. My girlfriend admitted she used to put barrettes and pigtails in her beautiful boy's hair too. Poor things :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!