Thursday, January 6, 2011

Outgrown and Outworn

I didn't even know it was possible for 2 1/2 people to outgrow a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house in less than 2 years. And yet here I am, tripping over fake lawnmowers and rolling my ankle on stray bouncy balls, attempting to make it to my "living" room.


We almost moved into a condo back in 2008. We weren't thinking about a baby then, but we knew that it would be in our future. A condo with one less room, one less bathroom and no basement (the treasure chest that holds at least half of our belongings).

But that's all we could afford... so we knew we had hit the jackpot when this old school 1948 somewhat dilapidated abode suddenly popped its pretty face on zillow.com.


You can't tell from the outside, but it needed a lot of love and work- a barely usable kitchen, no paint, the entire upstairs looked like something out of a horror movie... but it was so worth it.  Seriously, I don't know what we would have done in the condo (aside from killed each other).

So it seems crazy to me that we can't make this house work for another 3-5 years. I just don't see it happening, though.

Our play "corner" has exploded and eaten the entire family room. It's more like the "play room" with a "family corner." This is the progression in 2 months...



And I'm running out of space to shove the never ending tupperware bins of outgrown clothes. I already have 4 of them-- and this is with a BOY. We would be sleeping on clothes bins if I had a girl.

So, as I was adding more of the too tight/ too short/ just-had-to-make-him-wear-it-more-than-once outfits to the bins today, I couldn't help but dig down to the bottom and take a peek at his very first shirt.


I was seriously shocked. Was that really how little he was??  Here it is next to the sweatshirt he wore yesterday...


Can you believe it??  Which got me thinking, do you remember the very first load of laundry you did-- before the baby came?  Carefully handling each little sock, folding each sleeve mitten over perfectly, and buttoning the bottoms of each little onesie back up before putting them in the drawer, only to realize that it's a huge waste of time doing that ;) 


Now I throw all of our clothes in together with regular detergent (shhh, don't tell!), and don't even think twice about the precious little outfits that are going in there.  The times have certainly changed!



Click it or ticket! Just kidding, but please vote for us :) Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

1 comment:

  1. I had exactly the same problem. You don't realise how much storage you need just to handle baby stuff and, if you are used to a tidy home the mess they generate will drive you crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!