There are certain things that only have to enter my mind for a split second, and I can't hold back the ear to ear smile. The things that make this season THE season. Unfortunately, most of them are comfort items and not Jesus related, but I do appreciate that Jesus is the reason for the season :)
In fact, the children's mass is one of my absolute favorite parts about Christmas. I even went out of my way to go to the kid's mass a few times before Niall was in the picture- it's that much better than the regular version.
I was often tempted to shout out some of the answers to nativity bingo, but I held myself back. Let the children have their fun, right? I was also embarrassed that I was wrong about a few obvious ones... good thing I kept my mouth shut.
But, let's get to my selfish, warm and fuzzy holiday season list:
- hot anything (chocolate, lattes, cider, tea) in a Christmas mug with whipped cream
- re-doing the ornaments a hundred times until they all look perfectly spaced
- Christmas music (24/7, starting the day after Thanksgiving, please)
- sugar cookies with red and green sprinkles
- neighborhood drives, looking for the best Christmas lights
- watching all of the classic Christmas movies (my absolute musts are "Christmas Vacation," "Home Alone," "Elf" and "It's a Wonderful Life")-- I know, Christmas Story is missing, but that just wasn't one of my all time faves for some reason
- sitting in perfect silence in front of the tree the night before Christmas, when all of the presents are wrapped and placed perfectly
- leaving cookies and milk out by the fireplace for Santa (this will be my first year doing that since I was about 9 years old!)
- opening presents in jammies (A Must!)
- a big, unhealthy breakfast Christmas morning
- waking up to a white Christmas
- finishing opening all the presents by the tree, and then remembering there are stockings ;)
What are your favorite things about the holiday season?
Click it or ticket! Just kidding, but please vote for us :)