But the more I think about it, the list is always going on and on. It's very rare that I get through a day and think, "hmmm, that was kind of boring- didn't have too much to do today." Which brought me to an important realization... if I'm always going to be this busy (I'm assuming it's not going to be any easier with 2 or 3 kids), how am I going to accomplish all of the extraordinary things I want to do with my life?
Most of the really ambitious things I want to do don't involve a baby-- but Niall is way better than any crazy awesome check off that list, so I decided to mix things up a bit- you know, adapt. Because that's what being a mom is all about.
I'm not going to use Niall as an excuse and just throw in the life accomplishments towel. I'm simply going to create a new list- an attainable list. A better list!
So here it is- the lay mom's bucket list...
- go to Philly to seek out THE world's best cheese steak (which will involve indulging in at least 10 different cheese steaks with no regrets or shame)
- write a book- I have actually written a 175 page book that I was supposed to spend the last 6 months editing and have yet to touch it. It will get done some day!
- Find a 4 leaf clover- so help me, I feel like everyone I know has found one but I've never been able to :(
- make my own ice cream and/or bread from scratch
- do a podcast or comedy skit and publish it online
- spend one Christmas with my family helping in the homeless shelter and give away all of our presents
- have a conversation with someone who doesn't speak the same language as me
- host a tea party- I've always wondered if women actually get together for a scheduled tea drinking and pastry eating event. Sounds like fun!
- roast a chestnut over an open fire
- bike the MS 150
- go on a short family road trip with no destination or itinerary
That's all I got- do you have any fun, easy to accomplish things on your bucket list that I can steal??
Click it or ticket! Just kidding, but please vote for us :)